The Republican Obamacare repeal bill passed through two committee votes in the House of Representatives last week, and is expected to pass through more this week.
A vote by the full House is expected as early as the end of next week.
In order to stop this bill, we need 21 Republicans and all Democrats to oppose it. Right now, only 8 Republicans are on record in opposition. We need more votes.
No matter whether you are represented by a Democrat or a Republican, we need you to get on the phones right now.
Call Representative Louise McIntosh Slaughter at (202) 225-3615. Demand she reject this plan. Here is a sample script:
Hi, my name is (Name ) from (zip code) in (City). I oppose the health care bill introduced by House Republicans last week and I want Representative Louise McIntosh Slaughter to reject this proposal and fight to protect the millions of Americans who rely on Obamacare for health insurance. Thank you for all your hard work on our behalf.
NY’s State AG, Eric Schneiderman, is planning to take down Trump using the emoluments clause. They are asking people in NY to call AND send an email to him, voicing our support for further investigations into Trump’s conflicts of interest and potential violations of the emoluments clause of the Constitution, so that the AG can bring a suit! As of today they only had 300 responses to the call for support. Let’s grow that number by leaps and bounds! Please share widely.
Phone 212-416-6218 or 212.416.8300
Be sure and put your name, address and number in the email.
Action Items of the Day!
- Action Item: Call your congressional representative and make sure they know how many people in your district rely on ACA — repealing this is a threat to the health of our nation. Check out the info here: http://bit.ly/2lxAIK3
- Action Item: Stand up to hate crimes. Since Trump’s election in November, there has been an uptick in hate crimes against vulnerable communities across the United States. Call the Department of Justice Civil Rights Division: 202.514.4609
Hi, my name is [NAME] and I’m a concerned citizen from [CITY, ZIP].
I am calling today to ask for a full and unified investigation into the multitude of recent hates crimes, such as the mosque burnings, Jewish Community Center bomb threats and the racially motivated shooting of an Indian engineer. These crimes are appalling and must be investigated immediately to ensure a safe America for everyone.
Thank you for your time and attention.
[IF LEAVING A VOICEMAIL: please leave your full street address to ensure your call is tallied]
- Action Item: Join the Alliance for Quality Education in New York and Action Together Rochester in the People’s March for Education Justice in Rochester.
- Action Item: Ask you reps to oppose the HR 610! The Choices in Education Act of 2017 (H.R. 610) has three components that would affect public schools throughout the country. Passing this legislation would be a blow to our public school system and rip critical funding from our public schools to private, for-profit institutions. #actioneducation
- Action Item: Fax your congressional representatives and demand that they move forwards on calling for a thorough investigation into election interference with Russia
(202) 228-2838 NYC (not a typo_
(202) 228-3027 DC
(866) 824-6340 NYC
(202) 228-0282 DC
Here are letters for easy printing, signing, mailing, and faxing! And SHARING!
Don’t have a fax machine? Use this site site: https://faxzero.com/
- Action Item: LOCAL DONATIONS NEEDED: A man from Iraq who worked as a translator with our troops and his family were only allowed to bring one suitcase to start from scratch. Donations are needed in the form of housewares, furniture, toys, and clothing for a 7-year-old girl and a 3-year-old boy. PM Emerson Schofield for more info.