- This event has passed.
PAB Festival Outreach: Clarissa Street Reunion
August 19, 2017 @ 11:00 am - 9:00 pm
Help gather signatures!What we want: A Police Accountability Board!
– Independent city agency, independent of the Rochester Police Department
– Independent investigative authority
– Subpoena Power
– Disciplinary Power
– Power to review and asses police policies and procedures and make recommendationsWe’ve got a LOT of momentum for our Police Accountability campaign -but we need you to help. It is critical that we turn up the heat in the next few weeks.
If we are going to get the mayor and city council to change the system we need to expand the movement. How big can we grow this? The Police Accountability Board Organizing Committee is using the commitment card (see the picture above) to identify those people in the city who want to join the movement for police accountability. We’re talking about thoasands of people who are interested in taking a stand.
We’ve got about 4000 cards in circulation!
If everybody returned every card with a signature that would be a powerful statement about the breadth of grassroots support in this community for a new police accountability system!
Please register to join a group committed to getting signatures on our commitment cards at the Clarissa Street Reunion, August 19, 9AM – 3PM, in front of the Flying Squirrel Community Space, 285 Clarissa Street.
DO NOT JUST CLICK THAT YOU ARE GOING FOR THIS FB EVENT OR LIKE IT! GET REGISTERED AT:
– August 19, 11AM – 1PM: http://org2.salsalabs.com/o/6273/c/1653/p/salsa/event/common/public/?event_KEY=86333
– August 19, 1PM – 3PM: http://org2.salsalabs.com/o/6273/c/1653/p/salsa/event/common/public/?event_KEY=86335
– August 19, 3PM – 5PM: http://org2.salsalabs.com/o/6273/c/1653/p/salsa/event/common/public/?event_KEY=86385
– August 19, 5PM – 9PM: http://org2.salsalabs.com/o/6273/c/1653/p/salsa/event/common/public/?event_KEY=86386
PLEASE NOTE – if nobody signs up then the outreach is cancelled. So, don’t just show up. – please sign up first or call or text me beforehand.
The cards will be entered into spreadsheets by volunteers and candidates for city council and current city councilmembers will get thumbdrives with the spreadsheet of people who signed the cards who live in the city. Here’s the link (http://org2.salsalabs.com/o/6273/c/1653/p/salsa/event/common/public/?event_KEY=86155) to join our data entry team.
The cards themselves will be displayed at the Tuesday, August 22nd Candidate Forum at East High School (6pm) and will be available for other public actions as well. Here’s the link (http://org2.salsalabs.com/o/6273/c/1653/p/salsa/event/common/public/?event_KEY=86388) to sign up to attend the Candidate Forum. Seating is limited.